Middle School Cell Phone Policy
Due to the severe increase in cell phone related occurrences in middle school, we have made the following changes to our cellular device policy as it relates to our middle school students (grades 6-8) effective November 17, 2021.
- cellular devices will be collected from all middle school students upon entering the building
- cellular devices will be held securely for the duration of the school day.
- cellular devices will be returned to students prior to dismissal.
- It is the responsibility of the student to turn in their devices prior to passing through security scanning.
- If a student fails to submit a cellular device and a cellular device is found in a student’s possession during the school day, the following actions will be taken:
- First occurrence: device is confiscated, parent/guardian is called, in-school disciplinary action, device is returned to student at the end of the day.
- Second occurrence or more: device is confiscated, parent/guardian is called, in-school disciplinary action, device will only be returned to parent/guardian.
We understand that at times you will need to contact your child in an emergency or to convey information. Parents in need of contacting their child during the school day should call the school at (718) 471-3571 and enter “0” at the menu to reach the main office. We will make sure that you get in contact with your child.